Tofu Marinated and Baked
Pressing the water out of the Tofu makes for a more dense meat like product.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 TBSP soy sauce 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TSPB fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar or brown sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Drain tofu using flat press between kitchen towels 15-30 minutes and cut. Depending on your use, you can cut the tofu into strips, cubes, or flat squares (which is what I did here).
2. Mix all other ingredients except olive oil and pour over tofu into the TofuXpress. Secure marinating lid. Refrigerate overnight (can marinade for longer if needed).
3. Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Make sure to flip tofu at least once during the process until brown and slightly crispy. Top with sesame seeds during the last part of baking