Spicy Tomato Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Medium red onion chopped
- 1 Medium clove of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon freshly gound pepper
- 1/4 Cup cilantro stems cut into 1/2 inch lenghts
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
heat olive oil in a deep saucpan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper, cilantro and jalapeño.
Strain tomatoes and add the juse to the saucepan. Seed tomatoes, chop coarsely, and add to saucepan. Add 2 cups of water and stir to combine. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add the lime juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.