Mini Crab Cakes with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
Crab cakes are everybody's favorite, and these get a refreshing pineapple cucumber salsa on top. So good!
- 1 cup pineapple, diced small
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 265mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Prepare salsa by mixing the pineapple and cucumber together and dashing with salt.
Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in crabmeat, panko, and next 2 ingredients. Shape mixture into 16 (2-inch) cakes (about 1/4 cup each). Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 8 crab cakes; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with remaining butter and crab cakes. Serve with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Turkey Waldorf Salad 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Simple Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Rum-Glazed Sweet Potato Cakes 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- David Venable's Lobster Bites with... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Apple & Cheese Stuffed Chicken... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon White Cake 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.5/5 (35 Votes)