Beef Tenderloin With Horseradish And Black Pepper Crust
- 3 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound fresh horseradish peeled and grated, (abt 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Emeril's Worcestershire Sauce or store bought
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 recipe Fresh Cranberry Compote (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Exotic Mushroom Bread Pudding (see recipe)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the tenderloin with the oil and Creole Seasoning. Heat a saute pan large enough to hold the tenderloin over high heat until the pan is very hot, about 2 minutes. Sear the meat until evenly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Line a shallow baking pan fitted with a wire rack with aluminum foil. Place the tenderloin on the rack. Rub the top and sides of the meat with the mustard. Combine the horseradish, black pepper, garlic, salt in a small mixing bowl. Using your hands, press the horseradish mixture evenly over the mustard on the top and sides of the tenderloin.
Roast the tenderloin for about 30 minutes for rare. And about 35 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
To serve, spoon the Exotic Mushroom Bread Pudding in the center of each serving plate. Arrange a few slices of the tenderloin around the pudding. Spoon the Worcestershire sauce over the beef. Garnish with parsley. Serve the Fresh Cranberry Compote on the side.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (280 Votes)