Halibut Summer Rolls with Lemongrass, and Radishes
- SUMMER ROLLS:
- 12 ounces halibut fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons hot chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha, divided
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large round rice paper wrappers
- 1 English cucumber, cut into very thin julienne strips
- 2 radishes, cut into very thin julienne strips
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts only), cut into very thin julienne strips
- 3 ounces roughly chopped lettuce leaves (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
Brush the fillets on both sides with 2 tablespoons of the chili-garlic sauce and then brush with oil. Brush the cooking grates clean.
Grill the fillets over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift them off the cooking grate without sticking, about 4 minutes for steaks, slightly less for fillets.
Turn the fillets over and cook until the center is opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and discard any skin. Break the fish into ½-inch chunks. Lightly toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chili-garlic sauce.
To assemble the summer rolls, work with one rice paper wrapper at a time.
Soak the wrapper in hot (but not boiling) water for 30 seconds, or until softened. Carefully lift out of the water.
Place on a cutting board, blot dry, and place a few pieces of halibut in a horizontal line just below the center of the wrap.
Top the halibut with the julienned vegetables, lettuce, mint, and cilantro.
Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling and then fold in the sides; roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings.
Rolls may be covered and refrigerated for several hours at this point.
In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients.
Cut the summer rolls in half on the bias, and serve with the sauce for dipping.
You'll also love
- Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Prime Rib with Texas Rub! 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Fried Squash 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Devils on Horseback or... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Oregon Salmon Patties 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Broiled Steelhead Trout With... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Outback Horseradish Dipping Sauce 3.9/5 (45 Votes)