Angel Hair Pasta With Black Truffles
- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup truffle oil plus
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives or finely-chopped
- green onions or scallions (green only)
- 1 black truffle shaved
In a large pot, bring the water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of the truffle oil, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and chives and toss to mix.
To serve, garnish with the shaved truffle, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons truffle oil, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 12 small servings.