Pork Chops: Smothered with Caramelized Onion and Cherry Relish
Baby, It's Cold Outside
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Your favorite spice blend (or salt and pepper)
- All-purpose flour for dredging
- 3 T grapeseed oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 dried tart cherries
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t fresh thyme, rough chopped
- 1 t fresh marjoram, rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the pork chops with the spice blend to taste. Dredge them in the flour, shaking off any excess.
Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat, and add the oil. Sear the pork chops on the first side until golden brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium, and add the apple and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples and onions are lightly caramelized, about 7-8 minutes. Add the cherries, chicken stock and bay leaf.
Nestle the pork chops in the pan and bring the stock to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the pork shops are cooked to your liking. An internal temperature of 135 - 140 degrees is ideal.
Stir in the thyme and marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Corn - Freezing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts: Crispy with Lemon... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille with Feta, Green... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hawaiian Salad with Pineapple... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Irish Beef Stew for the crockpot-... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Succotash of Fresh Corn, Lima... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pulled Pork (Crock Pot) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Pork Mini Tacos 4/5 (1 Votes)