Warm Lobster And Crab Cocktail
- BEURRE BLANC:
- 2 lobsters - (1 lb ea)
- 1 cup Beurre Blanc (see below), warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces crabmeat
- 10 chives sliced thin
- 2 ounces Leek Sauce (see below)
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces cream
- 8 ounces cold cubed butter
- LEEK SAUCE:
- 2 ounces lobster stock
- 1 cup chopped green leeks - (tightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon cold cubed butter plus
- 1 teaspoon cold cubed butter
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- BLOOD ORANGE SAUCE:
- 5 large blood oranges
Remove the claws and tails from the lobsters. The bodies may be used for stock. Boil the claws for 4 minutes and the tails for 3 minutes, until they are just barely cooked with some translucency left in the middle. Remove the claws and tails from the shell, cut the tails into 3 even medallions. Put the 6 medallions and 2 claws in a small saucepan with the Buerre Blanc.
Warm the butter in a small saucepan and fold in the crabmeat and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange 3 medallions on each serving plate, and put a spoonful of the crabmeat in the center. Top with a claw.
Warm the green leek and blood orange sauces separately, and spoon each sauce around the lobster and crab.
For the Beurre Blanc: Reduce the shallots and white wine until almost dry in small saucepan. Add cream and reduce by half. Whisk in butter. Hold warm.
For the Leek Sauce: In a medium saucepan bring the lobster stock to a boil. Stir in the leeks until all are submerged and cook 1 1/2 minutes until tender. Transfer to a blender and add the cubed butter. Blend until the butter is melted. Then add the ice cubes with the blender running. Blend until smooth. Pass through a chinois and season with salt and pepper. Finish cooling in ice bath.
For the Blood Orange Sauce: Juice the oranges and pass through a chinois. In a small saucepot, reduce to a syrupy consistency. Hold at room temperature.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 4.5/5 (136 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (133 Votes)