Apple Potato Pancakes
These potato pancakes include shredded apples and green onions for a new twist to the traditional recipe. Top with sour cream.
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored, and shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour3 green onions, diced
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 5 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
1.Place shredded potatoes and apple in a clean kitchen towel. Gather towel on top and wring out excess liquid.
2.Combine potatoes, apple, eggs, flour, and green onion in a bowl.
3.Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat.
4.Form mixture into palm-sized patties; fry in hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side. More oil may be needed with each batch.
5.Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
6.Serve pancakes topped with sour cream.