Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp With Walnut Crumb Topping
- 3 cups rhubarb stalks in 3/4" pieces (abt 1 1/2 lbs, leaves trimmed)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled, quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest freshly grated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon zest. Transfer to a buttered 8-inch baking dish.
For topping, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts, pour in melted butter and toss to combine, tumble over fruit mixture.
Bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is browned. Serve warm with softly whipped cream or vanilla creme anglaise.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4/5 (190 Votes)
- Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Salad With Grapes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Knott's Berry Farm's Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Knott's Berry Farm's Fried Chicken 3.4/5 (5 Votes)