Red Bell Pepper, Potato And Corn Risotto
- 1 pound Russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/4" dice - (abt 3 cups diced)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels - (abt 3 ears)
- 2 3/4 cups red bell pepper juice see * Note
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or as needed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- Fresh chervil sprigs for garnish
- 12 scallions trimmed, and grilled until lightly charred, for garnish
* Note: Take about 7 red peppers, stem and seed them, then put through an extractor-type juicer.
In a large non-reactive sucepan combine the potato cubes, corn kernels, pepper juice, paprika and cayenne. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender and the juice is reduced by about 1/3. Add a teaspoon of the lemon juice, taste, and add more if needed.
Continue to reduce and, when the mixture is almost dry, add the cream and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 minute more, stir in the butter, and remove from the heat. Stir in the Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately in warmed bowls, garnished with a few sprigs of chevril and 2 grilled scallions.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Salad With Grapes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrots With Cognac 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens With Fresh Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- El Torito's Sweet Corn Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)