Cinnamon-Glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Nutmeg, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from mccormick.com
Cook sweet potatoes in water to cover in large saucepan about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Meanwhile, cook squash in another saucepan about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons of the butter, vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for squash.
Puree sweet potatoes with remaining egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread in greased 13x9-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
Puree squash with reserved 1/4 cup egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread over pecan layer. Arrange apple slices on top of squash layer. Mix remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Macaroni, Chicken, and Bean Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Cream Sauce with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Grapefruit Marmalade 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Squash & Ricotta Pizzette 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Rosemary & Orange Roast Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- "Creamed" Potatoes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Zim's Sweet Potato Souffle 4.5/5 (8 Votes)