Marinated Shitake Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger root
- 3/4 pound baby shitake mushroom caps not more
- than 1 1/2" dia, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal olek (Thai chile paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sesame Vinagrette (see recipe)
In a large heavy saucepan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger root, and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are just seared and still dry.
Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and reduce over medium-high heat until almost no liquid remains. Stir in the sambal olek and salt and remove from the heat. Add the Sesame Vinagrette and stir to mix. Set aside and allow to marinate for at least 6 hours.
The mushrooms can be kept covered in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pork and Noodle Soup with Shiitake... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef Hash (Slow cooker) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Semolina's Muffaletta Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Cafeteria's Lemon Sour... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttery Beer Bread Stuffing with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)