Baked Mushroom Topped Brie
Baked Mushroom Topped Brie is sure to be a hit at your next party. Filled with the rich flavors of crimini mushrooms, crisp walnuts, zesty garlic, dried thyme, the deep flavor of balsamic vinegar, and then topped with chopped, fresh parsley or chives for an added zing of flavor. This recipe is best served warm, straight out of the oven, with assorted crackers, freshly sliced veggies, fruit, and toasted bread slices.
- 1/2 pound fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (7-ounce) wheel Brie cheese, cold
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or chives, finely minced (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from mushrooms.ca
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushroom mixture for 5 to 7 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
At serving time slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally and place cut side up on oven-proof serving plate or baking pan. Spoon the topping evenly on cut surfaces of Brie. Bake in 350ºF oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is beginning to melt. Sprinkle parsley or chives on top to garnish if desired. Serve with thinly sliced whole wheat baguette or plain crackers.
To barbecue, place cheese on pre-soaked cedar plank and barbecue, covered over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Vegan Blueberry Streusel Cake 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Fast and Easy Puff Pastry Dough 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Muffins 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West... 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Fettucine 4.6/5 (15 Votes)