Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cores cut off and halved vertically or quartered if very large
- 4 slices bacon (1/4 pound)
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. honey mustard (2 tsp. brown mustard + 1 tsp. honey)
- 1/2 tsp. THYME
- 1/4 tsp. PENZEYS FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
- 1/4 tsp. salt, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from penzeys.com
Fry the bacon in a skillet.
Once browned, remove to a separate plate, leaving the skillet on the burner over medium-low heat.
Put the sprouts, cut-side down, in the skillet into the bacon fat.
Cut or crumble the bacon into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
Once the sprouts are browned, turn the sprouts over.
Once the second side is browned, turn the heat down to low, add the vinegar, honey mustard, THYME, PEPPER, salt (if using) and bacon.
Stir and serve.