Garbanzo Bean Burger With Tehina Onion Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (or one 15 1/2-oz can, drained)
- 5 tablespoons gluten flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
- Oil for frying
- Tehina Onion Sauce (see recipe)
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onions, carrots, garlic, cumin, celery seed, and salt over medium heat until the onions are transparent.
In a food processor, combine the nuts, and blend until 1/2 are a coarse meal and the other are just cracked. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the sauteed vegetable mixture.
Add the garbanzo beans in the processor and process the same way as the nuts. Add flour and arrowroot. Add the beans and parsley to the mixing bowl. Mix everything together well until the mixture has enough body to form a patty. If the mixture is too dry or crumbly, add a small amount of water to help the mixture bind.
Form the mixture into 4 burgers. Lightly oil the frying pan and fry the burgers over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Salad With Grapes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrots With Cognac 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brennan's Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)