Salted Almond Praline Tart
BHG July 2012
- 1 recipe Almond Crust
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4.5 oz. white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- Whipped Cream
- 1 recipe Salted Almond Praline
- Fresh raspberries
1. Prepare crust. In saucepan, combine 8 oz. cream cheese and chocolate. Stir over low heat until melted. In bowl, beat remaining cream cheese on medium to high for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until smooth. Beat in melted mixture until combined. Beat in sour cream and extract until combined. Beat in egg and yolk until combined. Pour into crust.
2. Bake in 325 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until center is nearly set when gently shaken. Cool on rack for 30 minutes. Loosen crust from side of pan, but DO NOT REMOVE. Chill at least 2 hours. Remove tart from pan. Top with whipped cream, Salted Almond Praline, and berries.
Preheat oven to 325 degree F. In food processor, combine 2.5 cups broken cinnamon graham crackers, 1 cup toasted sliced almonds, and 1/3 cup sugar. Cover; process until finely ground. Add 1/3 cup softened butter. Pulse to combine. Press into bottom and sides of 10-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Chill 15 minutes. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
SALTED ALMOND PRALINE
Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Line baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In bowl, combine 1 cup sliced almonds, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tbsp water, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Spread evenly in pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on rack. Break into pieces.