- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cook and stir chicken in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add vegetables; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in water. Bring to a boil.
Add pasta; stir until completely covered with water. Cover with lid; simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in sauce.
Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Substitute 1 lb. italian sausage or lean ground beef, crumbled, for the chicken.