Boston Market Butternut Squash
This is another copycat recipe, this time for the butternut squash served as a side at Boston Market.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut squash into quarters, remove the seeds and skin.
2. Cut squash into 1" cubes, place on steamer rack in a large saucepan over boiling water and cover.
3. Steam for 30 minutes or until tender.
4. When squash is done, mash with potato masher until smooth in a large bowl.
5. Add remaining ingredients and continue mashing until all is mixed.
6. Let squash rest for at least 10 minutes to let flavors develop.
7. Can be reheated in microwave before serving, if necessary.