Yellow Bell Or Sweet Banana Pepper Botanas
- 12 sweet banana peppers (or 6 very small yellow bell peppers)
- 1 container ricotta cheese - (24 oz) thoroughly drained
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed tabasco chile (or 1 tspn red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped toasted pecans for garnish
Wash and split the pepper lengthwise. Remove all seeds and veins. Set aside.
Blend the ricotta, garlic, Gorgonzola, tabasco chile, and orange juice in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Season with salt.
Fill the pepper halves with the cheese mixture and garnish with the toasted pecans. Serve cold. (Note: This recipe can be made up to 8 hours prior to serving.)
This recipe yields 12 to 24 botanas.