Roasted Confetti Ratatouille
"Confetti-like sparkles of tomato and warm-colored peppers make this roasted take on ratatouille different from the average chunky, soupy mix."
(Laura Calder, Paris Express)
- 1 orange pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 small zucchini, finely diced
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, more as needed
- salt and pepper
- a handful of sliced pitted black olives
- a large handful of shredded fresh basil leaves
Adapted from thefoodchannel.com
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
Toss all the ingredients together, except the olives and basil, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet (or 2 smaller baking sheets, depending on their size).
Bake, stirring once or twice, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir through the olives and basil and transfer to a serving dish.
Serve warm or at room temperature.