Spicy Baked Beans
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans bold and spicy baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can light or dark kidney beans, drained
- 3 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pork sausage in an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoon drippings in Dutch oven. Return sausage to Dutch oven, and stir in onion, next 8 ingredients, and, if desired, garlic powder.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.