Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Gooey and yummy.
- 1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut (optional, I did not use)
Preheat oven to 325.
Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer. Butter bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Press mixture into pan, reserving 1 cup for later.
In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla (and coconut, if using).
Spread chocolate mixture over the pb mixture. Crumble reserved pb mixture evenly over the top
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.