Chinese Stir Fried Shrimp With Asparagus
- 16 shrimp (jumbo, peeled deveined and butterflied)
- 1/2 lb asparagus (green)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 ginger (slices peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
Adapted from yummly.com
Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Wash asparagus and snap off tough ends. Cut each spear into 4 diagonal cuts.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a hot wok. Add half the shrimp and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Remove shrimp from wok with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Add remaining oil to hot wok. Stir in asparagus, thinly sliced ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so that garlic does not burn.
Put shrimp back into the wok with the wine, the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
Pour in water and stir fry for another 30 seconds or until shrimp are just cooked through.
Arrange shrimp and asparagus on a platter and serve with steamed rice, if desired.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Avocado chicken salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Bites 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Penne with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chilled Salmon Appetizers 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Scallops 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4.7/5 (6 Votes)