Healthy Spicy Lamb Shish Kebabs
A little spicy and full of mediterranean flavors, these lamb and zucchini kabobs are a perfect supper. Grill and with warm pita bread and Tzatziki sauce.
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds trimmed lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- Warmed pita bread, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the paprika, cumin, allspice, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add the lamb and stir until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread the lamb and zucchini onto 12 long metal skewers and brush with oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat, turning, until the lamb is browned outside and medium-rare inside, 6 minutes. Serve the lamb kebabs with the pita.