Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (Chopping Block)
- For the filling:
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
- Yield: 6 servings
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Start to finish: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 pint (1 pound) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pound rhubarb, large dice
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the crisp topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled (“old-fashioned”) oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Stir together the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, salt and lemon juice. Pour into a pie dish.
To make the crisp topping, mix together the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is moist but still crumbly.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over fruit.
Place the pan on a parchment-lined sheet tray, bake until the filling is bubbly and top is brown, 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream. Yum!
You'll also love
- Kiwi Breakfast Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Jerky - NuWave 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Breaded Lemon Pepper Chicken With... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rhubarb Jam - using freshTECH Jam... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)