ZUCCHINI GRILLED WITH RED ONION WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND RED ONION WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- The vegetables can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature. After about five minutes, faint grill marks should begin to appear on the undersides of the vegetables; if necessary, adjust their posit
- 1 large red onion , peeled and cut crosswise into four 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick planks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated zest from 1 lemon plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND RED ONION WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
The vegetables can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature. After about five minutes, faint grill marks should begin to appear on the undersides of the vegetables; if necessary, adjust their position on the grill or adjust the heat level.
1. Thread onion rounds, from side to side, onto 2 metal skewers. Brush onion and zucchini evenly with ¼ cup olive oil and season with 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt) and pepper to taste.
2. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt (or ¼ teaspoon table salt) together in small bowl; set aside.
3. Grill vegetables over medium heat, turning once, until tender and caramelized, 18 to 22 minutes (move vegetables as needed to ensure even cooking). Transfer vegetables to platter; remove skewers from onion and discard any charred outer rings. Rewhisk vinaigrette and pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
You'll also love
- Chicken with Cheesy Mushroom Gravy... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple and Rye Bread Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rack Of Lamb With Rosemary And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackberry Strudel 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Parmesan Squash Bake 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Kelly's butternut squash soup 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini Casserole 4.3/5 (17 Votes)