Egg-Topped Pita Pizza
- 2 t EVOO
- 3 c chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 3 T pesto, plus more for drizzling
- 2 whole grain pitas
- 1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack or Fontina
- 2 eggs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from oprah.com
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a skillet, heat oil over med heat. Add Swiss chard, salt, & pepper & cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. On a baking sheet, spread 1.5T pesto on each pita. Top each w/half the sauteed chard & 1/4c cheese. Make a little well in the center & center crack 1 egg in each. Drizzle additional pesto on top to taste. Bake until the egg are whites set but the yolks are still loose, 8-10 minutes. Cut into slices & serve.