Roasted Pork Loin with Sweet Tangy sauce
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork loin roast
- 1 large onion (cut into 4 or 5 big pieces)
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour (don't worry about that lumping up-it won't)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
2 In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.
3 Rub roast with olive oil so rub will stick to the roast.
4 Rub mix all over roast.
5 Cover with plastic wrap tightly.
6 Marinate for about 2 hours (if you don't have time for that it'll still be fine.
7 Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce on right before you put it in the oven.
8 Place roast in either a roasting pan or glass dish on top of the onion.
9 Pour 1/4 cup water in bottom.(don't pour it over the roast).
10 Place in oven on middle rack.
11 Cover for the first 2 hours then uncover for remaining time.
12 Bake approximately 3 hours or until internal temperature is at least 150°F depending on your desired doneness.
13 Meanwhile, place sugar, flour,vinegar, water and soy sauce in small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly.
14 Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during last half hour of cooking.
15 When roast is done (I use a meat thermometer to ensure that it's done). Take out of oven, pour remaining glaze on and let rest set about 10 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed... 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Pork Loin - Crock Pot 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)