Tortillas with Avocado and Lime Black Beans
Super easy and delicious alternative to the traditional tortilla night at the Elias household! This is sure to become a household favorite! Serve with Cilantro Rice!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 packed cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 4 whole-grain corn tortillas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 oz Mexican cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Gently fold in avocado and set aside.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle cumin evenly over top. Then sprinkle with cheese, dividing evenly. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Then add about 1/2 cup bean mixture and top with sour cream, dividing evenly.
You'll also love
- Wheat Berry Waldorf Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- LEMON ANGEL CAKES WITH LEMON CONFIT 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken and Avocado lettuce boats... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Penne and Zucchini with Lime and... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cantaloupe-Lime Smoothie 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp and Avocado Rice Bowl 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lentils and Rice 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Black Bean Brownies 4/5 (3 Votes)