Blueberry Puff Pastry Pies
- 1 small container blueberries (1 generous cup)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 425F. In a small bowl, stir together the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry (it should still be cold) into a 10-inch square. Cut into four quarters and place each piece on a parchment-lined sheet.
Divide the blueberry mixture between the pastry, dot each with a bit of butter, and fold the edges of the pastry about 1/2-inch over on all sides to contain the berries. Brush the pastry with some beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Serve warm, with whipped cream sweetened with maple syrup. Serves 4.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)