Corn Chowder II
- 1 pound mashing potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 medium onion cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 large green bell pepper cored, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 large red bell pepper cored, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1/4" dice
- Kernels from 4 ears corn
- 4 medium scallions trimmed, and thinly sliced across
- 2 medium celery ribs peeled, and cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Hot red pepper sauce to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring the potatoes, onion, peppers, and 1 cup water to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the corn, scallions, celery, milk, and cream. Return to just under a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid scorching. Season with the salt, pepper, and hot red pepper sauce.
This recipe yields about 8 cups; 8 first-course servings.