Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of dry ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar, honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
Adapted from thefigtreeblog.com
In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and spices. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, dry ramen noodles, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Drizzle salad with 1/2 of the dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and add more dressing as desired. Allow salad to sit for 10 minutes before serving to allow flavours to develop. Garnish with green onions.