Olive Oil-Poached Hake on SautÃ©ed Zucchini with Tomatoes © Con Poulos Olive Oil-Poached Hake on Sautéed Zucchini with Tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes (3/4 pound)
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini—quartered lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Four 6-ounce skinless hake fillets
Adapted from foodandwine.com
1.Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Score an "X" in the bottom of each tomato and blanch them in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and cool the tomatoes under cold running water. Peel, seed and cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch dice; transfer to a medium bowl.
In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the zucchini and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the zucchini to the tomatoes. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and sherry vinegar and season with salt. Mix gently and keep warm.
In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the remaining 2 cups of olive oil over moderate heat to 180°. Season the hake with salt and poach in the olive oil until just white throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the fish with a slotted spatula and drain briefly on paper towels. Season with salt. Spoon the zucchini mixture into shallow bowls, set the fish on top and serve.
You'll also love
- Brazilian Pork Chops 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach-Orzo Salad with Shrimp 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Salad with Pancetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Nordic Potato Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers and... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Bourbon Brined Pumpkin Molasses... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Winter Squash Soup with Gruyère... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Triple Tomato Chicken W.W. Points... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)