Deep Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
Cauliflower battered in a buffalo-style batter. A great way to get the kids to eat this wonderful vegetable and a vegetarian alternative to buffalo wings!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. club soda
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 TBS Franks Hot Sauce
- Cooking oil for deep frying
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bing.com
1. Wash cauliflower head and dry thoroughly
2. Cut the head into bite-sized florets
3. Stir flour, club soda, garlic salt and hot sauce together until smooth.
4. Place florets into a one gallon zip lock bag and pour batter over the florets. Massage the bag fry in until all of the florets are covered in batter.
5. Using tongs remove florets and fry in 400 degree oil for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Oil should be deep enough for florets to float freely. Drain on paper towels.
7. Serve with Ranch Dressing or Bleu cheese dressing.