Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
- 1/3 cup (about 4 limes) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 T minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 T garlic
- 1/2 t red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound flank steak
- Canola oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, garlic and red-pepper flakes. Add steak, and seal bag (place in a dish to catch any leaks); marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 1 hour.
2. Heat pan to high; lightly oil grates. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off and season with salt and black pepper.
Place in pan or on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat reaches desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
3. Add marinade and cook for a few minutes.
4. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.