Smoked Turkey Gumbo
Smoked Turkey Gumbo is a great fall and winter recipe to keep you warm when it's cold outside! Make it for dinner, or meal prep it for your lunches.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 smoked turkey wings + 2 smoked turkey legs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned, tails removed
- Cooked white rice
- 1 bunch scallions
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 150mins
Simmer chicken broth & smoked turkey wings for 1 hour, covered. Pull off the meat and save meat & broth separately.
Make a roux with butter and flour until it is a chocolate color (about 35 to 45 minutes). Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth and boil. Add andouille sausage and reduce heat to simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
Remove the meat from the smoked turkey legs and add let and wing meat. Add shrimp. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
You'll also love
- Leek and Potato Soup/ Vichyssoise 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chops w/ Corn-Bacon Slaw 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Taste of Home Sour Cream and Beef... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Flaky Ham and Turkey Sandwich... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Left Over Turkey Potpie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey Panini 5/5 (1 Votes)