Watermelon Margarita Shots
- 3 ounce package Watermelon Flavored Gelatin
- 3/4 cup Boiling Water
- 3/4 cup Tequila
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 14 Limes (halved lengthwiseflesh scooped out)
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Zest of 2 Limes
Arrange the Lime Halves on a mini-muffin tin or on a baking sheet or platter.
Whisk together the Gelatin Mix and the boiling water until all of the powder dissolves. Add the Tequila and Triple Sec, stirring to combine. Pour into the Limes. Place Limes in refrigerator and chill for at least 6 hours, until gelatin has completely set.
Whisk together the Salt, Sugar and Lime Zest. With a very sharp knife, cut the Limes in half into wedges. Carefully dip one side of each of the Limes into the Sugar-Salt mixture and enjoy.
1. Any kind of Jell-O can be used.
2. The triple sec and tequila can be replaced with cold water if a virgin style is desired.