Fusilli With New Potatoes, Oven-Dried Tomatoes, White Beans
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary plus
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 5 cups rich chicken stock
- 6 Roma tomatoes quartered lengthwise
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pound new red potatoes scrubbed, and cut into 2" chunks
- 1/2 pound curly fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese chips - (2 oz)
Soak the beans overnight in water to cover, with the minced rosemary.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the 3 tablespoons oil and sauté the onion, carrot, and celery until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the chicken stock and drained beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add rosemary sprig and cook uncovered, at a simmer for approximately 2 hours, or until beans are tender but not falling apart.
Meanwhile, place the tomatoes cut-side up on a wire rack on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and put in the warmed oven for approximately 2 hours. Tomatoes will dehydrate and intensify in flavor but still be a little soft.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Toss the potatoes with the remaining olive oil and season liberally with sea salt. Place in a roasting dish and roast, turning occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork and the cut edges are golden brown.
When the beans, tomatoes, and potatoes are all done, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Add the beans and their cooking liquid and the potatoes. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano chips over the top.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- French Lemon Custard Crème Brulee 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Florentine Beef Stew With Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Tofu With Spinach And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Sweet Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Scented Lentils 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chakcuouka (A Tunisian Cooked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Ziti And White Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)