Grilled Shrimp with Coconut Rice Salad - CC
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 3 tablespoons juice (2 limes)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1. Line rimmed baking sheet with clean dish towel. Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Add rice and 1 tablespoon salt and cook until just tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain rice, rinse under cold water until cool, and drain again; transfer to prepared sheet.
2. Whisk 1/4 cup oil, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing to small bowl and set aside. Add mango, scallions, jalapeños, mint, and rice to remaining dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to platter.
3. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Thread shrimp onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Grill shrimp over hot fire until lightly charred and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Slide shrimp off skewers onto rice and drizzle with reserved dressing. Serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)