Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls
Make your favorite Southwestern-style egg rolls at home with this copycat Chili's recipe. Add chopped jalepenos to the dipping sauce for some extra spice!
- AVOCADO RANCH DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- five 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup smashed, fresh avocado (about half of an avocado)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- dash dried dill weed
- dash garlic powder
- dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
Rub chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Lightly salt and pepper each side of chicken while it cooks. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion to pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
Dice cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to pan. Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to pan. Cook for another 4 minutes; stir well so that spinach separates and is incorporated into mixture. Remove pan from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
Wrap tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
Spoon approximately one-fifth of mixture into center of a tortilla. Fold in ends and then roll tortilla over mixture. Roll tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
Arrange eggrolls on a plate, cover plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
While eggrolls freeze prepare avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat 4 to 6 cups of oil to 375°F.
Deep fry eggrolls in hot oil for 12 to 15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of dipping sauce.
Garnish dipping sauce with chopped tomato and onion.
You'll also love
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Beef Quesadillas 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Breaded Chicken... 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (125 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (88 Votes)
- Stuffed French Bread Sandwich 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cups 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Pork Chops 4.4/5 (86 Votes)
- Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Imperial 4/5 (116 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic... 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Beef Skirt Steak Pinwheels 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Zucchini & Corn Tortitas with... 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Flaky Biscuit Breakfast Casserole 4.2/5 (104 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Amazing Chicken... 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.9/5 (114 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Copycat Green Beans 3.9/5 (116 Votes)
- Wendy's Chili 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Lemon Orzo 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Taquitos with Avocado Dipping Sauce 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Buffalo Wild Wings - Wings and... 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone... 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Air Fried Panko Chicken 4/5 (30 Votes)
- PF Chang's™ Orange Peel Chicken 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Boilermaker Tailgate Chili 3.8/5 (34 Votes)