Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes
You'll LOVE this Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes... enough said. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces Orzo
- 1 bunch asparagus; cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley; minced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Parmigiano regiano; grated
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bigoven.com
Bring 2 large pots of water to boil. Add a big pinch of salt in each.
To one pot, add asparagus and blanch, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Place blanched asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and keep them green.
To the second pot, add the orzo. Cook per package instructions. When tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves.
Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables. Stir in parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
This can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
You'll also love
- Copycat Applebee's Hot Artichoke... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Salmon: Honey Mustard Glazed 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry-Lemon Spread 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Light Fettuccini Alfredo 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Asparagus Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- 7-Layer Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Sauce 4.6/5 (19 Votes)