Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes
You'll LOVE this Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes... enough said. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces Orzo
- 1 bunch asparagus; cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley; minced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Parmigiano regiano; grated
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bigoven.com
Bring 2 large pots of water to boil. Add a big pinch of salt in each.
To one pot, add asparagus and blanch, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Place blanched asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and keep them green.
To the second pot, add the orzo. Cook per package instructions. When tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves.
Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables. Stir in parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
This can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
You'll also love
- Low Carb Low Carb “Apple” Crisp 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Light Fettuccini Alfredo 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Potato Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- 7-Layer Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Skillet Parmesan Potatoes 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Lemon Orzo 4.2/5 (45 Votes)