Sante Fe Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing (Weight Watchers)
Tangy Southwest inspired salad that can be put together several days ahead of serving. 0 points!
- 6 Tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 medium scallion(s), minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 cup(s) romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder until smooth. Transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl or food storage container, layer remaining ingredients in order listed; cover and refrigerate.
To serve, spoon salad ingredients into a bowl. Shake dressing and then drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Yields about 2 cups of salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.
NOTE: Storing this salad in layers (instead of tossing it immediately) and keeping the dressing separate, helps to keep the salad fresh. It can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator.