Artichokes with Parmesan–Black Pepper Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 large artichokes, stems trimmed, top 1” removed, tips of remaining leaves trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place a metal steamer basket in a large saucepan and pour in water to a depth of 2”. Add 2 Tbsp. lemon juice. Bring water to a boil, then add artichokes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer artichokes until stems and hearts are easily pierced with a paring knife, 30–40 minutes.
Meanwhile, blend Parmesan, yogurt, oil, lemon zest, remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp. water in a blender until smooth; season with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Serve artichokes with yogurt sauce for dipping.