Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Perfect for a brunch, lunch or even dinner. Cooking the zucchini first helps keep the quiche a perfect texture and not too runny. The ricotta cheese makes it nice and creamy.
- 1 prepared and unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper and paprika, to taste (a pinch each)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from topchef.com
Score pie crust with a fork. Bake at 425°F for around five minutes. Lower the heat to 350°F.
Over medium heat, saute zucchini slices in the butter until cooked; drain. Use half the zucchini to line the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
Mix ricotta, cream, eggs, salt, oregano, basil, garlic and pepper. Add over zucchini in crust. Add the rest of the zucchini on top. Season top with paprika. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Moroccan Chicken and Butternut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- My Lemon Curd 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Linguine with Seafood and Sundried... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken 4.4/5 (16 Votes)