Cake, Pineapple Zucchini
- 11/2 Cups flour
- 11/4 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup flaked coconut
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. PENZEYS CINNAMON
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND NUTMEG
- 3 TB. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 Cups grated, unpeeled zucchini (2 small)
- 1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve juice to add to batter or frosting if needed)
- 2 TB. butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1-2 TB. pineapple juice, if needed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from penzeys.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, CINNAMON and NUTMEG. Stir by hand to combine.
3. In a second bowl, combine the oil, eggs and VANILLA. Add the egg mixture, zucchini and pineapple to the flour mixture and beat on low until well blended. The batter will be stiff and dry, but it will moisten as you mix it.
4. Spoon the batter into the pan and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes until the cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
Combine the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar and VANILLA just until smooth. Add a splash of pineapple juice if necessary. Spread over the cooled cake.