Chipotle Burgers w/ Avocado & Bacon
...because everything tastes better with bacon.
- 3 Tbsp Chipotle Chile (canned, adobo including sauce)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Hess Avocado
- 6 Bacon Strips
- 4 Large Lettuce Leafs
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- Hot Sauce (Franks/Cholula)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1) Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see "Grilling Procedure," below.
2) Bake bacon at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, open any whole chipotles and discard seeds, then mince chipotles.
4) Mix chipotles (with sauce), beef, 1/2 cup onion, 2 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp pepper with your hands, then form mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.
5) Grill burgers on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over once, 4 minutes total for medium-rare. Grill buns cut sides down until grill marks appear, about 30 seconds. Serve burgers in brioche buns with 3 half cut strips of bacon, avocado paste (see below), and lettuce leaf.
If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. When charcoal turns grayish white (about 15 minutes from lighting), hold your hand 5 inches above grill rack to determine heat for charcoal as follows:
- Hot: When you can hold your hand there for 1 to 2 seconds
- Medium-hot: 3 to 4 seconds
- Low: 5 to 6 seconds
If using a gas grill preheat burners on high, covered, for 10 minutes, then if necessary, reduce to heat specified in recipe.
Mash avocado and fold in 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp pepper, and hot sauce. Spread on bun.
You'll also love
- Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Tony Roma's Baked Potato Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- White and Dark Chocolate Raspberry... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Porcupine Meatballs 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon Broccoli Salad with Raisins... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad 4.8/5 (19 Votes)