Beth's Green Bean Salad
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 c. finely minced shallots
- 3 TBSP. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2/3 c. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground pepper
Cook beans in an 8 quart stockpot of rapidly boiling water just until crisp tender; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Combine shallots, vinegar and sugar. Whisk in oil.
Add basil to bowl with green beans. Add enough dressing to beans and basil to coat. Gently mix in Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.