Creamy Irish Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp. butter OR margarine
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 10 1/2 oz. chicken broth/stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Heat butter in saucepan. Add celery and 4 sliced green onions and cook until tender.
2. Add broth, water, black pepper and potatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 15 min. or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
3. Place half the broth mixture and 3/4 cup milk in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup mixture and remaining milk. Return to saucepan and heat through. Garnish with sliced green onions.