Roasted Chicken with Cauliflower & Chickpeas
This beautiful dish of roasted chicken with vegetables is a complete meal with a delicious blend of flavors. Add rice or flatbread to soak up the yummy sauce!
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 pieces
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cored and cut into 2-inch florets
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and middle thirds. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Carefully remove sheet from oven and arrange chicken, skin side up, in a single layer. Roast on upper rack, 20 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven and, with tongs, transfer to another rimmed baking sheet along with tomatoes. Add cauliflower, onion, and chickpeas to drippings on first sheet and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Roast chicken on upper rack and vegetables on middle rack until chicken is golden and cooked through and cauliflower is tender when pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving dish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Hummus, Tomato, and Feta Pita... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chalupas 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- New Potato Green Bean Salad with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean & Chipotle Tostadas... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Seared Chicken Breast wtih Spring... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Updated Waldorf Salad with Apple... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cold Spinach Dip with Radishes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)